View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 16:51

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Default Average, eh?

Hmmmm... okay, I went to all the links for calculators and filled in the info using my weight this morning (176) since I knew they'd ask for a current reading on that. I hadn't planned to weigh for another week, but oh well--I've lost three of the four lbs I put on while watching that droolbabe Heath Ledger...

Taking the average of the four readings (the three calculators plus the one from Bobbi's post), I wind up with 23.1%. It still irks me that this is considered "normal" when I *know* this is not how I want to look! I know I'm nowhere *near* as lean as I should (and can) be. Not that I want to be emaciated, heavens forbid! But I'm thinking maybe 19%, like you, Nat.... our stats are so close, that sounds comfortable to me. Am I making a wise decision there? I've never thought in terms of LBM before, and terra incognita makes me nervous.

Banking that I won't get that weight bench (and of course thereby ensuring that I *will*) I stopped by WalMart and picked up a 40lb set of dumbbells. Chrome grips, 4 2.5lb weights, 4 5lb weights, with threaded collars. Oh, and a pair of lifting gloves, too. I have a set from the recent ex, but I don't plan to keep them (he loaned them to me for using when making chainmail--I still have the pliers, too.... :sigh: ) so I parted with the moolah to have my very own.

Anyway, I digress. I am SO pumped (as it were) about doing this! I dunno if I can wait for the book... but I know I have to, doggone it!