Thread: I Need Help!!!
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 09:13

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

It seems to me that the most important thing I can say to you about low carbing is that I am never hungry longer than it takes to get to the kitchen! As a life long hypoglycemic, that is huge for me, and I never have blood sugar drops that make me a bitchy, mean, emotional mess. Nope, stable and nauseatingly upbeat, that's me.

I'll also tell you that for me the secret to keeping my blood pressure meds down to one (which I've been on since I was a size 20 at age 22) is an excercise program. Anything really. water aerobics worked, and now I've started Curves, and low and behold, my blood pressure is lower this morning than it has been in a week!

I do think with so many things going on you should talk to your dr., but do also remember that s/he works for you, and you are ultimately in control.

Different eating plans work well for different people. You need to thing about what is important to you, and what you think you can live with. Make a 6 week commitment to yourself, and give whatever you picked an honest try. If you don't feel better, then try something else. 6 weeks won't necessarily lose you a lot of weight, but it will give you some idea of health impact and sustainability.