Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 200/190/134 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hullo Rhonda, welcome!

First of all, Dr Atkins died from a head injury. No way you can blame his diet on that. Unfortunately, some nasty people have been spreading rumours ever since that he died from heart disease, but the cause of his death is a matter of public record. He slipped on an icy pavement and suffered a fatal head injury.

Should you go on a low fat or a low carb diet? Um, did you really think anyone on a low carb board would tell you to eat a low fat, high carb diet?

I strongly believe that eating low carb is much, much healthier than low fat, high carb. Why don't you check our Success Stories?
I would also suggest you have a look through our Cholesterol forum.
The only time Atkins/low carbing raises cholesterol is when it raises HDL.

As for the bad breath, that is only when people are in ketosis, and can simply and easily be remedied by drinking plenty of water.

HTH!

Rosebud

Thank you for such the warm welcome rosebud!

Well the reason i ask is low fat better than low carb or vice versa is because my Step father had high cholesterol and normal blood pressure but like 15 lbs overweight and had to get bypass(SP?) for his heart arteries. And that scares me because ive heard many say that high cholesterol is not linked with heart disease and im just confused! My step dad by the way is doing well on a low fat diet but he gets kind of hungry at times and has mood swings when i vist him even when i havent seen him in a while!

But what about the success stories at pritikin.com? LIke you hear of peole getting their cholesterols down to 120 and their blood pressure drops to like 110 over 65 and 73% of diabetic people are OFF insulin while on the Pritikin DIet!!

IT just so CONFUSED!! LOL....i dont know what do to! One day i hear cholesterol is not linked wit heart disease the next day my step dad has bypass cause of high cholesterol. People here have high cholesterol but feel great!! I dont know what to make of this!

I just want to hear low carbers opinions on low fat diets and why you "FEEL" so secure about low car diets...

This kind of subject is so interesint keep posting please! I need more INPUT LOL!

Rhonda