Thread: DaVinci Syrups
View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

I order Davinci syrups from the company website (http://www.davincigourmet.com). Do Canadians have to pay duty on food that crosses the border?

We have tried many flavors, including banana, blueberry, raspberry, chocolate, cherry, caramel, grape, French vanilla, cinammon, amaretto, peach, and a couple of others I can't remember at the moment, but we have liked them all so far. We mainly use them to make Italian sodas, mixed with seltzer. My husband and I make all kinds of odd combinations (chocolate and banana is a fave, as is blueberry and French vanilla with a touch of cinammon) and try to outdo each other. Those taste so much better than aspartame-sweetened diet sodas. The Davinci website also has tons of recipes for using the syrups. Can you say sorbet?

We do occasionally add Vanilla or Chocolate or Cherry to diet Coke, which improves it a great deal.

I have, in a moment of madness, made a baked apple (we split one) with the caramel syrup, butter, and cinammon, and it was delicious.

I have also used them to flavor whipped cream and have made my own gelatin with 3/4 cup syrup to one envelope Knox gelatin and 1-1/4 cups of water. Sounds pricey, but I compared it to Jello and it wasn't that much more expensive. And let's face it, the red Jellos all start to taste the same after a while. :

Karla