View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 13:00

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy I'm worried about you.

Twinkle, take it from someone who has been there. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight. Maybe even worse. I had an eating disorder and was 115 pounds. At 5'10", that was really skinny. Let me just tell you how I felt physically, because mentally, I still felt fat.

I recovered just last year which resulted in a pretty big weight gain and am now trying to get down to a weight that is better for me. It's going very slowly because my body remembers starving and is fighting me every step of the way. I have resigned myself to the fact that this is going to take a long time because just a year ago I was still underweight. Not fun, but that's my reality at the moment. Very, very slow, but I'll take that over starving and having an eating disorder any day!

I was tired all the time. I had absolutely no energy. I would get home from work and immediately fall asleep on the couch. I was always turning down invites to do things with friends because I couldn't fathom having the strength. I have managed to alienate so many of them now that I just don't get asked anymore.

My hair was falling out and I actually had bald spots that I had cover by arranging my hair in a certain way.

I went to the beach in the middle of the summer, sat in the sun and was still so cold that my fingers and toes went completely numb.

I would get sick if I ate more than about 200 calories at a time.

I could count my ribs on my front and back, and got bruises if I sat in a hard chair because I had absolutely no padding on my body.

I completely lost my sense of humour. Nothing was very funny anymore, particularly me, and I'm usually pretty funny. (trust me on that one!)

I constantly had people asking me if I was sick, and when I told them that I wasn't, I could see the disbelief in thier eyes.

I looked terrible. I had dark circles under my eyes all the time, my hair was dry and brittle.

I stopped getting my period regularly. I never knew when and if it was going to come.

When I finally realized that I had a problem, I soon discovered that the road to recovery was not an easy one. Please think twice about the reasons that you want to weigh 95 pounds. If your friends think that you are too fat then you need new friends. True friends only want you to be in good health and will not care how much you weigh. I don't know what to say about your family, except that they should love you for you, and not your weight. Perhaps you need to think about educating them a little bit. Your health is more important than anyone's opinion of you. You need to love yourself for who you are, not what you look like. If you love yourself, others will see that in you and love you as well. And if they don't then they are probably toxic to your spirit and you should be rid of them anyway, because they will do you more harm than good.

Please just think about these things. Check out some eating disorder websites. I'm not suggesting that you have one, but they are full of very eye opening things that may help you realize that there is a lot more to you than your weight.

I know this may seem weird coming from someone at a weightloss forum, but believe me when I say that this is message from the heart of someone who has been there. I want you to be happy and healthy. Not skinny and miserable!

I hope that I haven't offended or upset you, this is completely unsolicited advice, but I had to reply when I read your post.

Take care and I am always here if you need someone to talk to, okay?