#12   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 10:30

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by schnebbles
anyhow, so I'm back on induction. My boyfriend says, aren't you supposed to quit eating the fat after while?

Kathy, the bulk of your diet should be fat. 70% of your calories will come from it - and this is just what you want. Eating fat is not what makes you fat - it is what makes you full and satiated. It was the carbs that made you fat. You cut them out and the rules change.

Once you've lost your desired about of fat then things will change slightly - you'll be adding in more carbs and will have to change the ratios around a bit. But fat will always comprise the bulk of your calories.

As for your constipation - increasing fiber in the form of green veggies will take care of this. So will drinking more water and eating sufficient fat. The combination of fat, fiber and water helps to keep you regular. If you have been trying to cut down on your fat I think is the reason for the constipation. There is a great article under "Low Carb Tips" by Doreen called "Intestinal Health" that you should look at - it will provide some tips on what else you can do to help with this.

Try using www.fitday.com to keep track of carbs/fat and calories - track your food for a few days and you'll get a feeling for what you should be eating.

This 'diet' is not that complicated - but you do have to forget everything you've been told about what is 'healthy' and 'good for you'. LC must also become more than a diet to you if you are to be successful - it has to be something you do for the rest of your life.

I would suggest getting a copy of Protein Power by the Drs Eades for your LC library. It's a great book that explains in detail why LC is healthy and why it works so well to repair the damage that our modern diet has caused most of us.

Nat