#5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 22:44

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 225/196/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Cool Booked it!

Hi Suzy,

Thanks for all your great info, I called Disney today and they gave me even a better deal than the travel agent. I actually figured out that I had given the TA the wrong dates and my husband and I were not on the same page....oops...it worked out better though, we are ending up going in Sept. on the 25th until Oct.2 which is the very tail end of the value season I guess.

We took your advice and asked for the Toy Story section, since it is close to the busses and food courts....I also joined the Disney club, since we can get between 10 and 20% off the hotel price and a savings on the hopper passes. The reservationist said I can call once I get my card and they will apply the discounts at that time....it was actually much easier to go right through Disney.

Of course, now that I am slightly more educated, I knew better what to ask for.....

The whole thing, airfare, 7 nights hotel, airport transfers, taxes, insurance, and hopper passes will be right around $2000. I thought that was great....We are actually going to purchase the hopper passes at our local Disney store, and we will decide on the 4 or 5 day ones later. We have friends that live in the Orlando area, so we will probably connect with them for a day or two...

Now I guess we just have to start renting Disney movies, (especially Toy Story) to get in the mood for the trip....I can't wait!
(My husband is the avid sports fan, so I thought the sports hotel would be good, but he said either one is fine with him....I think he is kind of excited too!)

So now I have to start losing more weight so I can find that perfect bathing suit! I have a few months, but the more that is gone the better!

I asked the reservationist about the Charachter breakfasts, and he said it was only 15.95 for adults and 8.95 for kids, so that is really doable.....you said Chef Mickey is the best? We will have to look into that a little more.

Thanks again for all your help, I really appreciate all your advice...I'm sure we will be talking more on this subject....hopefully some other locarbers will join us.....
Take Care,
Carol