View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-14-05, 11:26

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 360/313.6/150 Female 66.5"
BF:yes, of course
Progress: 22%
Thumbs down truthaboutsplenda.com- a bunch of malarkey

Has anyone visited truthaboutsplenda.com ? This has to be the most ridiculous site ever! They make all these foolish statements about Splenda and how unsafe it is, but fail to back it up. They say all these things like "The sweetness of Splenda derives from a chlorocarbon chemical that contains three atoms of chlorine in every one of its molecules." I feel like writing to the authors of the site and saying so does my tap water! I drink the tap water, cook with it, wash clothes with it, clean with it and I have no problems or fears when using it. I can actually smell the chlorine in my tap water. I can't smell anything when I take a whiff of Splenda.

Another good one: "Johnson & Johnson claims that "Splenda is made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar". Johnson & Johnson wants consumers to think that it is natural sugar without calories." Honestly, how many people thought Splenda was real sugar when they first heard of it? If it was sugar wouldn't they just call it sugar? Heck, if they could make calorie free real sugar I guarantee that's all they'd have to write on the package. It could be a plain white package with the only writing saying "CALORIE FREE SUGAR" and the company would probably sell 100x times what it sells now.

It's interesting that the site has a place for you to submit your "splenda story", but they have nowhere posted on the site stories from real people who really use splenda having adverse reactions to splenda. It's like the whole site is a whole bunch of what-ifs with opinionated statements to back up the what-ifs.

I really hope this site doesn't turn people off to using splenda. It's such a wonderful, lifesaving food. I don't think half the people on low carb diets could stay on them without the aid of splenda. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the site were sponsored or written by people affiliated with Equal or Sweet n Low.
Sponsored Links