#4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: veggie low carb
Stats: 131/131/105 Female 4'11''
BF:
Progress: 0%

hey Carol,
About the room rates...that price is per room per night. The range is based on the season--value, regular, peak, and holiday...the end of october is regular season, and value season starts in november...

Let's just do a quick price breakdown...
how many nights are you staying? 7? so that's about $700

park tickets, for a 5 day hopper-$250x2=$500
(ok, you can buy a ticket for your daughter, but honestly, most people with 3 year olds just say that they are under 3...it's not like they ask to see ID!!!) But if you want to pay for your daughter, then that will be about 180 more...

Airfare...hmm..this can vary...let's say it's $200 a person, just to round up...do children get a discount on airfare? that's one thing I don't know, cause I dont have any kids yet! So I am going to say $600 for airfare (but it would probably be lower than that)

So that works out (the rounded up version) to about $1800 to $2000...

Call Disney about the room to get exact pricing for the dates you want and (well, at least I would) ask for all-star movies....It's the same price as all-star sports but much newer and nicer! I think you're daughter would like it better too cause she will recognize the characters and that seems much more appealing than a big football!!!...call them directly (1-407-W-DISNEY) and they'll give you the scoop...

To get to and from the airport, Mears motor shuttles are the most popular way to go...its about 25 bucks (actually i think it is 27 now) for adults roundtrip to any of the Disney hotels and 14 or something like that for kids...A 3 dollar per person Mears coupon comes inside of the reservation confirmation if you book the room directly through disney (1-407-w- disney),,,which is nice! you dont have to make reservations in advance for mears (you do for the return pickup, but they will tell you about that when you buy your mears ticket). you will find a mears window near baggage pickup in each of the terminals...it usually is about a 10 minute wait and then youre off to your hotel!

oh geez,,i just realized the time! I gotta run...I'll finish this later! I still think you can do better than what the travel agent quoted, so don't agree to it yet!

Be back in a bit,
Suzy