View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 10:30

Plan: Atkins OWL + PP Phase II
Stats: 160/142/130
BF:?%/25.6%/20%
Progress: 60%
Question RE: Question about total calories/day

I've read that most people need to consume about 10-12x their body weight in calores per day. Now is it "bad" if the calories go over that?

My personal example is lately I've noticed that I lose more fat if I keep my calories around 2000/day. My calculator says 10-12x my body weight should be 1480 to 1776/day. Now, I know there's no way that I'll be able to live on 1480 calories/day on Atkins.

Most of my calories come from fat on the days that I get over 2000 for the day. Some days, I've actually been close to 3000 (thank you breve lattes from Starbucks) and other days I'm more around 1800.

I've also noticed that I can kick myself out of ketosis if I do more than 60 grams of carbs per day. But I can get myself back into ketosis within 24 hours if I go back to 30 grams/carbs or less per day. So, I've found that I can SLOWLY lose fat on 40-50 carbs/day and quickly lose fat on less than 40 carbs/day. (I'm in OWL right now).

Is there a recommended percent of fat vs protein calorie intake? I don't have my Atkins book with me here at work today so I'm kind of searching for the answer. Otherwise, I'll check when I get home...

But what are other people's personal experiences with fat vs protein calories?

Thanks,

Annie G.
Sponsored Links