#11   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 22:35
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 255.5/244.7/148
BF:
Progress: 10%
Thumbs up pitfalls

All of the above plus..once I lost the 44#'s on Adkins before, my weight came back gradually, just the same way it came off..that was my fooler. I would add more and more more carbs and not see the scale move up until all of a sudden..Hsoohw (whoosh spelled backward)...10#'s would suddenly show up on the scale but my clothes would still fit ...until suddenly Hsoohw..I needed something a bit larger to wear as my dryer seemed to be shrinking my pants and then my shirts etc..(even got a new dryer)
DENIAL...Then I made a conscious choice that I had a "right" to eat what I wanted, when I wanted, and as much as I wanted..that my body would only get just so big...and that eventually I would be in control.....also remembered Adkins as being a very easy way to lose once I had regained......WRONG ON ALL COUNTS.....iT HAS BEEN SUCH A STRUGGLE THIS TIME..I DON'T EVER WANT TO FORGET........Thank God w/ the help of people on this site I am finally beginning to reverse the process and maybe one last time this WOE will work for me. It's so much easier to maintain than to go back and do it over again Oh that I have finally truely learned that my body reacts to carbs the same way an alcoholic reacts to that first drink..a spiral to HELL..
Thanks for such a nice thread..