View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 05:03

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Mommy

I don't know many people with PCOS. I not too long ago learned I had it myself but I've done alot of research on it.

My thought is that when you lose weight (and I've read this) your hormones become normal again. When your hormones become normal, it certainly helps the rest of your body. Because we have PCOS we might need to do an upkeep whereas a regular person wouldn't but hey.... if we get to our goal weight, and just make sure to follow up every once in a while... I think it's worth it.

I think for me, I will stay on Met because it not only will help me get there, but it will prevent me from coming back here!!!!! I know that like me, most people hate taking medication. But look at it this way... if it was your heart? and you had to take meds in order to live... would you look at it differently then? These pills make us healthier. It helps our bodies absorb more insulin so we can become normal again and our bodies stop making too much of it. Personally, I'd rather take a little pill 3 times daily and feel normal, then to keep feeling for even one more minute how I felt when I wasn't taking it.

My 2 cents.