Old Tue, Feb-08-05, 09:46
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Quote:
But, while you rant, remember this...

Agreed! Hence my rant here, as opposed to within a thread of someone asking those questions.

Hey, if they have the right to fish around for excuses for their behaviour, I have the right to rant about it in the War Zone *instead* of being rude to anyone in their "Fishing for an excuse to cheat...AGAIN" thread.

Finally, on food issues which are purely psychological: No plan will work if only the symptoms (the extra weight) are addressed. The cause (why they got that way in the first place) must also be dealt with in order for anyone to truly succeed.

I think more and more, that the majority of overweight/obesity is caused by the consumption of too many "convenience" (processed) foods and sedentary lifestyles.

Sure, sometimes continuing obesity may become psychological after years of feeling bad about oneself about it, but I really believe that MOST of ALL overweight/obesity is caused by nothing more than poor choices and lack of willpower. You know "the easy way."

I agree that there are some people who are "emotional eaters" but that's not everyone, and that's also NOT most of these people. The habit of an emotional eater would be just to eat the "whatever" they wanted. What I believe we're seeing here, what I described in my post, are in the majority, people who just "don't wanna" do the work of learning something new. They want the benefits without the sacrifices (if you can call not eating stuff that hurts you a "sacrifice").

Also? If someone is an "emotional eater" and they know it, then maybe, in addition to being here and working on the OUTSIDE, it would not hurt them to see a counselor and work on the inside as well. Otherwise? Anytime life throws a curve ball at these poor folks, they're right back to square one.

That's no way to live. Survive? Sure, but live? Nah.

~Kimberly