Thread: Stretch Marks
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 21:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/175/130
BF:Ah, nuts
Progress: 58%

I was in middle school. There are no words to describe how humiliating I've found stretch marks on my body. Like you said, LC, they're something pregnant women get, and as a middle school girl, it was highly embarrassing, in a time when I was already embarrassed. I've sort of gotten used to them, if a person ever gets used to stretch marks that don't bring the "reward" of a new life. They are to me, evidence that I was weak-willed and out of control. I think I could explain why I eat, why I ate when I was young, but that doesn't really remove my shame over them or the behavior that resulted in them. I mean, sure, I could sit here and make excuses for why I'm overweight, and I'm sure many of them would be valid and honestly medically understood. But, when the rubber meets the road and I look at myself, I have to take responsiblity for the role I, and my actions, have played in reaching this point. I'm just hoping that I'm sorting out the deeper issues enough that they won't be issues now. But I'll never be used to or proud of stretch marks.