View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 15:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/261/200
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Day Three: The Tuna Incident

So I've made it halfway thru Day Three. My headache of yesterday has dissipated. Halleluia!

So I went to a NC BBQ joint. Those of you outside of the Southeastern U.S. may not understand. But trust me... it's good.

Lunch consisted of:

About a cup (ok cup and a half) of yummy vinegar-based NC Pork BBQ.
Less than a cup of tuna salad.
A roasted chicken breast.
half a cup of collard greens (fixed with butter).
1 cup of cucumber and tomatos (in some sort of vinegary/sweet sauce.
I put about a teaspoon of hotsauce and extra vinegar (each) on my collards and BBQ.
Water. Lots of water. Yes, I said no to the sweet tea. An odd sensation indeed.
Then the jerk with me decides he wants some banana pudding (with 'nilla wafers no less!). So I have two fried (yes, breaded. The horror!) chicken wings for dessert.

Now, I thought I did pretty good with this meat fest. So I'm plugging this data into fitday.com and I come up with 35 carbs. From where? You guessed it: Tuna Salad. Now I know Tuna is allowed. And I thought mayonaise was allowed. So where did I go horribly wrong? There wasn't much else in this dish that I could detect. Maybe some onion or pickle, but chopped so fine I couldn't find it. It tasted really good so it must've had some flavorings/spices in there.

<sigh> 35 calories. On day 3. Induction Phase. I... I... I have failed! Should I just quit now? Is it a lost cause? Do I go back to square one. Where did I go so horribly wrong. Someone please tell me a little tunafish is OK. Egads!
Sponsored Links