View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 15:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 278/270/220
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Been there - Back again

I did PP about two years ago and went from 256 to 226 in two months without even flinching. It was GREAT! I know it works! Cholesterol went from 278 to 189. Similar triglycerides etc... I fell off the wagon starting at Halloween and the kids candy bags. Well, I'm back now, and this time I am LCing for the duration of this life. Here are a couple of items to think about with my One Man's Experience with PP.

1. Make sure you drink your water - all 64 ozs a day
2. 10 gm of carbs per meal MAX - don't cheat
3. After reading number 2 above, don't forget to eat your carbs. You have to convince the body that you are not starving yourself. LC is not ZERO C!
4. Drink some more water.
5. Excercize was vital for me - walking - 30 - 40 minutes three times a week but at the end of the two months I was up to 3 miles in 45 minutes 4 to 6 times a week. You have to get the heart involved in the process with some regular non-strenuous cardio workout.
6. Did I mention water? Oh yeah - I did already. Remember that diet coke, sprite, pepsi, etc... is not water. I stay away from diet soda as I am an extreme sugarholic and drinking a diet soda makes my body remember the candy bar days and I crave things I don't need or want any more. Some diet drinks actually have zero calories but have an ingredient called 'brominated vegetable oil' which actually triggers the insulin response and drives the blood sugar down and makes you hungry and .... you know the rest of that. I drink a lot of lemon water and lime water and unsweetened herb tea.
7. Visualize - I take a lot of quiet breaks during the day and actually picture myself with the flat abs I want (I'm a beer bellied middle aged guy and I don't even drink). I even visualize down to the detail of my fat cells releasing their energy into my bloodstream, reducing their size and making me feel energetic. Close your eyes and see the real you, not the you that you are right now.

This time, I've decided to only weigh at my doctor's office but in less that two weeks I have already fit into a pair of pants I couldn't fasten any more and have tightened the belt 2 notches.

So - take a quiet moment right now to visualize the real you - sleek and vibrant , then drink a glass of water (or 2), and go get it done. IT DOES WORK!!

Alan

p.s. Contact me direct if you need. I help myself by helping others!!!