#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 12:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/120
BF:
Progress:
Default Need some help!!

Hello!!

I was following Dr. Atkins on and off for several months...then I decided to get serious. I followed the program, with dedication for 3 weeks and still no results. I was looking at the scale and the tape measure, and also trying on clothes to determine if there was any change. AND NOTHING CHANGED!!! For the past 10 days.... I went on a binge. My logic was simple - I had worked really hard and did not get results - so I might as well just eat anything and everything!

Now I have decided to switch gears - and try Protein Power.
I have read the book but there are still a few questions that I need some help with.

My understanding of the program :

determine my protein requirements - ( 20 grams per meal)

keep carbohydrates at 30 grams per day - use fruit & high
quality vegies - eliminate starches

try to take in 25 grams of fiber per day

Acceptable fats - olive oil, macadamia oil, peanut, walnut oil, hazelnut oil, butter
note: the recipes also say mayonnaise is acceptable

So here is the question - when I am following the program - how much fat should I be consuming on a daily basis. Is there a percentage of total calories consumed?? Should I remove the skin from chicken before cooking?? AAARRRRRRGH!!!

Also - if there is anybody out there who has been successful with this program - and is willing to check my journal regularly - and tell me what I am doing wrong - I would love the help!! Thanks!! I just don't want to waste another couple of months without results!!
Sponsored Links