View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 10:34

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I'd suggest two strategies for coping.

One, for why you do it...for the emotional component, do journal (privately--you needn't do this on this site) about your emotional state. Try to see the patterns emerging--when are you driven to eat carbs versus when can you resist them. There will be situations, people, and emotions that are difficult for you, and being forewarned about them can help you develop strategies and consciously implement them when the trigger situations arises

For food variety, also work at that. When I got to the bored stage (and believe me, I was as bored as anyone!) I made a commitment to try one new meat recipe and one new vegetable per week. I tried mushrooms I never had, turnips for the first time, kale and chard and all sorts of greens that I'd never tried (yummy quick-fried in bacon grease and so very nutritious!), and more. This simple strategy really helped allay my boredom.

Apart from emotions, the problem of continual cheating is physiological--once you're in the carb loop, there's nothing for it but to break the addiction again, go through the withdrawals, and come out at the end of a week better off. But this time, at the end of that week, you should have some additional coping tools to help you stay on plan.

HTH!