Old Fri, Feb-04-05, 15:29
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Hiya!
Quote:
But the problem we've had on the forum is some posters post exact copies of recipes from cookbooks, or other sites, word for word. Even worse, removing any credit or link to the original author, site or book.

Well that's pretty darned rude! I mean, if you're going to take the time to copy paste/type word for word, then take the time to give credit where it's due.

However, the fact remains, that copyright law does not apply to fact.

Some people though, want/need attention, and they go to really odd and crazy extremes to get it, such as posting (thus taking credit for on the sly) recipes word for word from books/other sites.

However, we should all try and remember that: Most resipes on most sites are really just "replicas" of every other recipe for the same thing out there. So, I guess what my point is, is that if a recipe has the same name (Such as: Pork and Green Chile, one of MY OWN recipes which shares the same generic name with many others - not this is not the "title" or other "specialized" name like Martha's Spicy, Snazzy Pork and Green Chile! THAT would be wrong, to use the title of another!), that it is NOT necessarily "stolen" goods.

In closing, I totally appreciate the Recipe Moderators' point of view, I just wanted to make a few things clear.

~Kimberly