#4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 05:21

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi hjackson

Hi there, and welcome to our PCOS/LC Home

So sorry to hear about all your health problems. You have definitely come to the right place. I too have PCOS and I am on Glucophage.

I wouldn't push anyone to take it, however I would suggest you do your research on what glucophage actually does for us PCOS'ers. This medication is certainly not just a diabetes medication. For us, it can actually regulate almost all of our PCOS problems. I know this sounds like a bunch of malarky, but I can attest to it because I am proof!!!

On glucophage: my periods came back, I more than not ovulate (which is a feat in itself), it helps me lose weight (I do emphasize the word HELPS me, I still have to be on LC to lose effectively), I feel like a woman again, and I truly believ this is a miracle drug. I can also say that it doesn't bring your glucose levels way down like some people think it would do if you're not diabetic. And the few side effects you might get, don't last long. Just long enough for your body to get used to the medication.

So please do more research on the medication before you make a decision. I know that like me, you're probably against taking a bunch of pills and meds. I hate it with a passion. But we didn't ask to get sick either, and unfortunately we did.

LC might help you immensely even without the Glucophage. They do say that losing alot of weight really helps. I hope you find the answers you are looking for, and what ever you do for yourself, we're here to encourage you all the way. Keep going on LC and you'll see a difference I'm sure!!!

Good Luck