View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-05-02, 13:55

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm sure you could find a conversion table on the Web or in any basic cookbook, but I'd like to suggest something else. Maple syrup and sugar are not allowed on Atkins. We have our own celebrity chef here, Karen Barnaby. How about trying her recipe for cheesecake which is made with artificial sweeteners? Go to the orange bar at the top of the page and click on "Low Carb Recipes".

Of course, you should only be doing this if you're off induction. If you're still on induction, shame on you!

The cream cheese, sour cream, and eggs in cheesecake already have carbs. If you add sugar or maple syrup, even 1/3 what the recipe calls for, you're going to create something with LOTS of carbs. The sugar is going to give you a big rush of insulin and cause you to go out of ketosis and STORE fat. You will never lose weight this way.

Cheesecake, or any food, just isn't worth it. Didn't you go on Atkins to break free from this cycle? Personally, I'm fed up with being fat. I've been fat my whole life. Enough. I've lost over 90 pounds on this plan; it's the best thing I've ever found. But it will not work at all if you keep going off plan and out of ketosis. And making a whole cheesecake with some sugar in it is definitely going off plan.

Sorry to scold you, but I'd just love to see everyone else around here be as successful with this as I have been.

Allison