View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-01-05, 13:27
Cast Iron Chef

Plan: lc, higher protein
Stats: 170/132/127 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

I joined the gym yesterday (paid up-front for a year, so I'd better stick to this). So I'm back.

I'll be adding in weight training, but I woke up late this morning so I just stuck to what I know. I want to learn to do it properly and not rush in just for the sake of throwing it in. I've got several experienced friends who will be advising me when the time comes.

Treadmill:

Related to the couch to 5k: 5 minute warmup; 20 minutes alternating jogging walking in two minute intervals; 5 minute cooldown. For some reason, when I began the last jog cycle at 16:00, I found a groove and just kept jogging for four minutes. I didn't feel like I could go forever, but certainly for awhile.

Excluding the warmup: 1.44 miles, about 140 calories.

I stretched afterwards and did 40 situps. I should have done them before the treadmill, but I'll do that next time. I used this stretching cage that I suppose is supposed to help you maintain proper form for stretching, but I'm almost too flexible for it, this when I'm feeling very inflexible to me. Even following the diagrams carefully for form, I had to put my leg on the bar above the foot rest to feel anything at all in any leg or back muscles, no matter what my posture.