Thread: Bicycling..
View Single Post
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Jan-31-05, 00:16

Plan: South Beach-ish
Stats: 272/261/190 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hey Gypsy - sorry to hear things haven't worked out the way you'd hoped regarding the move. I'm glad to hear you're planning to proceed with the bike purchase though! As you and I have discussed, the only recommendations I'd make are that you stick with a good manufacturer (Bianchi, Specialized, Fuji, etc.) and get a decent component group (no less than Shimano 105). The difference between steel and aluminum will be your call, but whichever you decide, make sure it has a carbon fork - it'll save you from so much jarring!

It's great you've found some good shops to deal with. Any that treat you with attitude should be left far behind - that makes me angry and is the reason I won't deal with a certain chain of shops here.

As for Tahoe, I'm disappointed to hear you don't think you'll make it. I understand completely, however. I probably won't do it if you don't go so I'll be doing more rides around here I guess.

My GF gets her bike on Tuesday of this week and the weather looks like it might just cooperate for us to ride this weekend (I hope)! Hope everyone else is getting some rides in...