View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/175/130
BF:Ah, nuts
Progress: 58%

I know those days, when all you see is the success of others and your own failures. It doesn't have to be weight issues, but somehow it's more frustrating when it is.

Something that I'm having to learn is to never measure myself by others. If I try to, I'll only ever see my failures, and I'll have to lower my standards to feel good about myself. If instead, I find that I must set my own goal and standards. So what if I'm not perfect... I am loved and treasured as I am. Look for the people who love you...and if you ever wonder if anyone values you, remember to come here. Look at all the support they've offered you! The more I read the posts here, the more convinced I am how much everyone cares about everyone here. Accept that encouragement, even if it seems too difficult to really believe that anyone could care about you.

I confess; I am richly blessed in my husband. Realising that he really did love me, no matter what, that he would stand beside me and carry me through anything and everything he could gave me a real sense of worth. Do you have someone in your life who unfailingly encourages you? Accept that; nothing in the world feels anywhere as good as being loved does. If you don't, start looking for people who will; it is the right of all people to have someone who loves them unconditionally. In the meantime, bask in the support offered here.