#13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 23:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 321/314/175
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Thin Me,

Boy...I can relate to your frustration. I low-fat dieted down from 350+ to 308 and then somehow lost the will to continue. I started in May of 01. By September I was down to 312....not really fast but steady. Then I plateaued between 308 and 312 I bounced around....and that is when I lost it! When I always lose it! I plateued for a couple months, and then I started gaining. I was frustrated and gained back up to 321.

I started thinking about it. I had worked my butt off to get to 308...and here I go, letting all of that hard work go down the tubes.

That is when I decided to check out LC. And, Luckily the numbers are going back down and I feel much better, but I have finally saw the light. This is not a miracle, and I'm not going to lose 150 pounds overnight. I'm not in a race! I'm trying to learn new long term habits, I'm not perfect and there are going to be bumps along the way.

When I weigh in on May 3rd of this year, I hope to be 50 lbs lighter. That will be my goal. I will be thrilled to make it because it is 50 lbs I don't plan on seeing ever again. I can't always see the change, and neither can my co-workers. That is because it is gradual and they are used to seeing me all the time. But, I have a picture of me at 350+, and I do look different.

I think it is important to realize that there is only one thing that stands in the way of suceeding. Attitude. You are the only thing that will make this plan suceed or fail. You have the power. It is ok to have down days....we all have them. It is ok to cheat or have a bad carb day. When that happens, you acknowledge it, try to figure out why it happened, forgive yourself and get right back on track.

That is what I am going to do from now on, and I'm not going to let my plateau's throw me off track.

Don't worry about what everyone else has done! This is about you and your journey!

Stay strong!

Shelly