View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 22:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/270/180 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Thin

I hope you have gained some valuable inspiration from all the posts here. I know where you are coming from, it was just like reading about me before I started this WOE. I think what makes it work for me, and what makes me stick to it is that once I was over the two week induction for the first time since I can't remember, I had no overwhelming cravings for chocolate and sweet stuff. I hated being like that, having no control over what I was putting in my mouth and I was always hungry. My whole day used to revolve around food. I wouldn't look forward to going out for the pleasure of being with people, instead I would constantly think about what food would be there for me to eat, and eat I did. I am sure it was because I was totally addicted to carbohydrates. The very things we were being encouraged to eat on low-fat diets.

I have finally broken that cycle and you can too. You know you can do it, you have already lost 50 lbs. That in itself is a wonderful achievement. Set yourself mini goals and keep yourself occupied and most of all, organised. Have ready access to food that you can have and try different things so you don't get bored.

One day at a time... and we are all here to help you...

Keep smiling...

Maz