#144   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 20:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 313/311/220 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyAngel
mack3212.... I don't know what the grades of the climbs are on the Tahoe ride. I looked throught the website again but all I can find is the elevation. I'll keep looking around and let you know if I find info. It's nice you're enjoying the recumbent... I've never ridden one... did you find it hard to get used to?

Thanx for trying to find the grades. I guess I could find a cycle shop in that area that would probably know.

The recumbent I bought took me about 200 - 400 miles to really get comfortable on. I'm about 2 mph faster on the flats and roller hills. Steep hills I"m slow because you have to spin the way up. But I can ride so much futher on this bike. Like I said I did a century (102 miles). Then I decided to ride back to the hotel which was another 12 miles.

I researched recumbents for years and when Bachetta and Volae brand came out, I found a recubment that I truly enjoy. Bachetta Florida based and has dealers around the country. Volae is from Hostel Shoppe (www.hostelshoppe.com) in Wisconsin and Waterford cycles makes the frame for them. Waterford is one of the finest custom frame builders in the country. Hostel Shoppe has a great 2 week return policy. I actually did a cross state ride during the first two weeks and they didn't care how far I rode the bike.

I could go on and on about the Volae. I have 4 other bikes gathering dust because I enjoy the Volae so much. I'm the only recumbent rider in my club and I can stay with the strongest riders now. If I drop much of my weight, I'll be leaving them.

When I did the century, I averaged 17.2 mph and that is from a heavy out of shape guy.

Oh well, I'm rambling. I can't wait for the good weather. We are forcasted snow this friday and saturday. Soon the riding weather will be here.

Cheers,
Mack