#10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 00:33
Registered Member

Plan: Carbo Addicts modified
Stats: 199/185/145
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default I couldn't agree more;

TV programs rarely tell you the full story, afterall they are limited in time if nothing else. If we could hear each of these people tell their own stories I'm sure we'd hear them say they took one step forward and sometimes 10 steps backward many times before they reached their goal. It's a process, like any other behavior we want to change and it doesn't happen perfectly.

As a therapist I know that no one can truly change a behavior and expect lasting results unless they first understand what that behavior serves in their life. What emotional needs are trying to be met for me in food? What am I trying to avoid dealing with by going to the refrigerator? Its not what I do when I get to the frig, as much as what has taken be there to begin with that I have to look at. In AA they tell the alcoholic to call someone, reach out before they pick up a drink. So I am applying that with my problem with weight. Only I log on and read what others who are also struggling have to say and I find solace. Thank you for sharing your stories and being there for me night and day.