View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 00:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/263.5/125
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default Don't quit on yourself

I can totally relate to your post. About a year ago I was at my heaviest at 315. It took me a whole year on a low fat diet to lose 50 pounds. You can't tell by looking at me that I lost any weight. No one has noticed(except for my husband, and he probably is just trying to make me feel better ) At first it really depressed me and I felt like "why am I doing this?". But then I got to thinking, 50 pounds.... 5-0. That is a lot of extra weight off, even if nobody else can tell, I can tell. And for the first time in a long time I had weighed less at the end of the year than I did in January.

I know you've probably heard this before, but try getting all the high carb snacks and foods out of the house if you can. Stock up on some of the tasty LC foods we can eat and enjoy. I just gave my mom the last of my "old food" and I really feel like I that was a huge step.

Take it one day at a time, otherwise you can become overwhelmed and discouraged. Hang in there and when you start to feel like you can't , come get some support in here. Everyone is so nice and willing to lend a hand.
We can do this.
~chris