Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 23:53
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default the artic air from canada is making us freeze

Hi little Ann:

the blood sugar monitoring was my idea, because I believed what Atkins and Schwarzbein was indicating. That eating carbs causes the blood sugar to rise and then the insulin pump, making the Blood sugar level fall. I guess the distance that it rises and falls is what I want to control.

I 'm more comfortable with what I'm doing as the days go by. I feel as if I have control now and that the choice to stay on a low carb/sugar program is easy once you commit to it.

I guess anger played a part in my frustration as well as confusion in deciding what and which way to continue. Having people to talk to is also a good feeling. I hope we continue to communicate.

Today I did nothing but read and respond to a liberal report that my son sent to me regarding relatives and extended family used for child care. Allegedly grandma and aunties babysitting are NOT as good for children as professional child care.

Such bunk!

The weather here is getting totally out of control since the artic air from Canada is coming down rather fiercely. I recently moved to Houston Texas, to get away from the cold, ice and snow of the northeastern US.{Upstate NY} Only to find that it gets cold here in the southwestern part of the US.

I have been retired only since 1996 and purchased a small house here in Houston w/ a small in ground pool and hot tub. But I can't see my self going out in this weather to sit in a hot tub while the wind is swirling around my head and bod.

It sounds rather luxurious, but believe me it is modest indeed.
and I am fortunate to have it even tho the bank owns the major portion.

It's now about 11:27 pm Friday and I need to post on my fitday.
So I'll be off soon. By the by, I know a young couple here that come from the UK {neigbors of my son's} and have decided to go back , because of the failure of Enron. The hubby was quite successsful until the collapse. I'm sure the grandmum and poppy will be so glad to have them return with their charming grandchildren.

Take care little Ann

send me mail anytime, I would love to hear more about you and the Uk