View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-05, 08:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Interesting... The scale has only dropped a couple lbs (and that could be the same 2 lbs I fluctuate with), but over the last 2 weeks I have noticed that the pants fit a little better. I know to depend more on measurements and the pant-o-meter than the scale anyway.

I found this on another thread where someone was concerned that although they were working out steadily, the scale wasn't budging. Here's a response she got, and I'm putting it here for my reference:

"What is probably going on is either water retention in your muscles, or even a little bit of muscle gain.

When you do high intensity weight workouts, your muscles get damaged in the process and must retain water to help with the rebuilding. This was especially obvious for me during the first 2 weeks of BFL, but it continued throughout my challenge in smaller amounts."

Good words.

This morning:
2 mile walk away the lbs
20 min Pilates

I'm curious about that Walk Away The Pounds. On my treadmill, it takes maybe 20 min to walk a mile at 3.2 mph or so. On the video, it only takes 15 min. Is that a REAL mile? How is it measured? Is it because there's a lot of marching? Because I'm doubting it. It got my heart beating, but was not nearly as good a work out as the treadmill. I'll save the video for when the shin splints kick me off the treadmill.

Pilates. OWE. still torn up from Monday, so a bit difficult today, but there are only 2 movements I can't do all the reps for. The rest just hurt.