View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 14:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 214/206/140
BF:
Progress: 11%

I appreciate the replies!

first you have lost 7 pounds, that is a huge success.

Actually it is now 3 pounds I have lost. I have gained back 4 pounds. I have not cheated. I eat only pure protein, (no processed meats like bacon or hotdogs), eggs, and fats. I cut out cheese because I thought that was stalling my diet. 3 pounds in a month is not a great loss. I am also drinking water, a lot of water!

I know you read stories of dramatic weight loss over just a few months but those are not necessarily the norm.

Yes, this is one of the reasons I am so frustrated. I see all these fantastic weight loss stories and I want that to be me!! I want to wear shorts again, I don't want it hurt when I bend over to tie my shoes etc..

you have read atkins book, calling for a 2 week induction, yet you say you have been on induction for 4 weeks. why?

Because the I read you can stay on the induction longer than 2 weeks, especially if you are resistant to losing weight.

plus you have already tried the fat fast, again why?

I could not stay on the fat fast. Too little food and I was hungry all the time.

are you trying to lose weight by a certain date?

Well I was hoping that by the end of May to have lost maybe 30 pounds. Which is about 4 months from when I began the diet, I began at the end of Jan, beginning of Feb. This equals out to less than 7 pounds a month which does not seem like to huge of a goal. It is only about 2 pounds a week aprox.

are you in ketosis?

Yes, I have been since day 3 of the diet.

why don't you list a days menu and maybe we can see what you might be doing and offer suggestions.

Good idea!

I can't really eat lunch at work so I eat either 3 eggs for breakfast Or a small-med piece of meat with some butter for flavor(steak or chicken usually)

When I get home I have another peice of meat. If that is my last meal of the day I make it a large serving or if I eat before I go to bed I make it a smaller serving. I, again, butter for flavoring. My salt intake may be a bit high, I will try to cut down.

I have not really added vegetables because, one I can't stand them (they make me gag) and two, I want to keep my carbs really low until that whoose thingee comes along.

there are a couple of ways to handle the scale, first don't weigh, second weigh everyday and then at the end of the week divide by 7. this can keep you sane.

Another great idea. I am currently scared to death of that stupid object.

have you measured yourself yet?

No, I have no. I will do that today.

because you may be building muscle, which weighs twice as much as fat...

I doubt it is muscle because I have not exersized. I am joining a gym next week.

how are your clothes fitting?

about the same.

are your goals realistic? are you setting yourself up for failure?

I think they are realistic. I really like this way of eating. I don't snack all day. I rarely crave the foods I don't need. I don't feel like a complusive eater any longer, for the first time in my life!

remember, we have all been there, and we will help as much as you will let us, but there are somethings you must do for yourself, the most important, is chill out, relax, you will succeed at this if you believe in yourself. we do.

Thank you so much Jane!!!!!

Sorry about the length of this post!