View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:38

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Both sides have lost creditability....

I know what the expert's say, I know what my Endo say's and I know what work's for me! I'm in my 85th day of Atkins, slightly modified for Type II Diabetics. I started at 398! and 85 day's later I'm at 313! For member’s of the Florida Supreme Court, that’s 85 Pound weight loss in 85 day’s!

I was taking three types of med.’s for just reasonable control of my blood glucose levels of 180 to 200, that was the best control and I was facing injection next for control.

Within (literally and factually) 3 day’s of starting the Modified Atkins Plan, I "crashed"! my blood glucose level dropped to 38! I was dis-oriented, dizzy, tingling in my mouth and tongue, serious condition to be in when you are driving!!! I stopped at the drug store and got a bottle of Glucose Tablet’s downed a few and within 10 minutes I was better with a blood glucose of 80! I immediately called my Endo for advice and he told me to stop all three of my med.’s and see him in the morning! I did and haven’t looked back, today I’m still a diabetic and always will be, but my blood glucose levels are between 80 and 120,well"within normal limits". My Blood Pressure is 120/85, LDL/HDL is 100, and all the others are within normal range including testosterone level’s which had also been low, now running 800’s which is good for 54 year old male with diabetes.

I have recently added back some carbs, currently at about 40 grams per day. I will be at about that range until I reach my loss goal of 160 lbs. Then the trimming and adjusting will start to maintain.

When I stepped on the scale and it said "Ouch! 398" , a paradigm shift (In my reality) happened deep inside somewhere and everything about my health and physical conditions came into focus and a real change became totally possible and practical at that moment in time.

I had only consciously experienced a paradigm shift in my reality once before. I had a three gram a day cocaine addiction and I was also a full out alcoholic too boot. One morning after a bad night, I looked in the mirror and I plainly remember saying to myself…" this stuff is killing me!" and with God as my witness, a paradigm within my reality shifted and I was able to quit using at that point in time, in that instant... my life changed totally.

Those who have experienced the phenomenon, will say… "yes, I understand", and it is possible that those who haven’t had the experience will say… that’s a bunch of "Airy-Fairy B.S." , all I can offer is 85 pound weight loss in 85 day’s, it speaks for itself , take it or leave it.

However you could just figure I was on a weight loss plateau for 18 years!

God Bless and Be Well.