Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/blend
Stats: 250/210/150
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default chill

Lori.
your message is so full of angst...I know just where you are coming from. the frustration, fear, anger...maybe I can help a little.
first you have lost 7 pounds, that is a huge success. you have chosen a sensible way of life, that can be very rewarding. but unfortunately it is not immediate . I know you read stories of dramatic weight loss over just a few months but those are not necessarily the norm. you have read atkins book, calling for a 2 week induction, yet you say you have been on induction for 4 weeks. why? plus you have already tried the fat fast, again why? are you trying to lose weight by a certain date? you must follow the plan as close as possible to start.
are you in ketosis?
why don't you list a days menu and maybe we can see what you might be doing and offer suggestions. ( food diary is very very helpful in finding the problem areas)
there are a couple of ways to handle the scale, first don't weigh, second weigh everyday and then at the end of the week divide by 7. this can keep you sane.
have you measured yourself yet? this can be very helpful, because you may be building muscle, which weighs twice as much as fat and tho the scale is showing a gain, your inches may be getting smaller, how are your clothes fitting? this is not a diet that you can measure by the same ruler as a low fat diet. every body will react differently. you will have to find your best way. this is not an all you can eat diet. after the first 2 weeks you must also watch portions, not to the same extent as low fat, but a pound of bacon will slow your weight loss down. what about salts, snack, cheeses?
finally, really examine yourself...ask some hard questions, give honest answers. are your goals realistic? are you setting yourself up for failure? remember, we have all been there, and we will help as much as you will let us, but there are somethings you must do for yourself, the most important, is chill out, relax, you will succeed at this if you believe in yourself. we do.
Jane