View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:30

Plan: Home grown based on Protein Power
Stats: 194/174/174
BF:
Progress: 100%

I understand your confusion, a very good friend of mine who is clearly insulin resistant if not diabetic was having trouble with conflicting views on appropriate foods. I persuaded her that the most important item to measure is blood sugar, and that if she ate foods that did not cause her blood sugar to spike up or fall below around the 80 mark, then she knew that the foods would be OK.
She bought at my recommendation the new One Touch Ultra system and proceeded to monitor against foods. In this fashion she took various foods out of her diet (including protein bars-the dreaded glycerine-). She is now holding her blood sugars in the 90-110 range and guess what, has dropped 8 lbs in around 2 weeks.
So if you really want to know what foods you can eat and still keep your blood sugar and insulin in check that would be my advice, in conjunction of course with following a good diet plan like Protein Power.
Incidentally Bernstein says that he has not eaten fruit for 25 years with no ill effect on his health.