View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 13:03

Plan: Trim-Wise: LifeForce International
Stats: 213/209/150
BF:32%/??/ 21%
Progress: 6%
Cool Tongue firmly in cheek....

If my dr told me to stay off the heavy metals, I'd have to tell him fine--I'll drop the Judas Priest and Metallica, but ain't NOBODY telling me to stop the AC/DC!

Honestly though--I just ran into this thread this afternoon, and I am *thrilled* to see how well things turned out. Fine, you were absolutely right to question your dr's suggestion. Everyone else jumped in with opinions and suggestions and information (Doreen, you are a godsend!), and you did the right thing by taking it along for that second consultation. Kudos to you and everyone here who helped!

I know I feel miserable without my cal/mag supplement and my potassium. If I miss the latter for a few days, I start having muscle cramps--and within a couple of days of resuming, they're gone. I was without cal/mag for a couple of weeks and during that time I felt very, very tired and fatigued (and I was fighting off some nasty bug, simultaneously--not the best situation). I resumed those three days ago, and can already feel the difference.

*We* have to take the initiative sometimes and educate the "professionals" who "help" us. Ultimately, *we* are responsible, not they. No one lives in our bodies but ourselves--it's up to us to make the decisions we need to make, and find the information we need to make them with. Good for you, Fine!