#9   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 12:56
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default hi little ann

Thanks for the response. I'm just 5ft 3 having shrunk from my younger years, making what I need to survive even less.

You are a tiny lady as is my daughter, and through out her growing up, I realized that she would have trouble going a full morning in school with out eating.

A smart DOc I knew, gave her a glucose tolerance test for more than 3 hours and found that her blood sugar level after eating sugar would continue to go down before the critical up turn to normal levels, meaning that she was hypoglycemic. In college, her bio teachers said there was no such thing, all people get low sugar readings when they don't eat every four hours.

{what the heck happens when you seelp for 6/7 hours at a time/}
That is why fasting blood sugar readings can offer info when fasting 15 hours at least. My last test the moring indicated a low reading of 88. To me that meant what ever I had before 8 pm the night before caused the BS to drop way low and if I went any longer, it would have gone in the 70's. {not good}

And yes you are young, still. I applaud you for wanting to get healthier and a lower weight by 50. By the time I was fifty, I had a good figure and was controlling the insulin I think very well.

But that was another day, I have to deal with what I have now and try as hard as you to get my weight down and control the insulin to prevent diabetes.
I think I need to visit a new endocrinologyst to see if I can get the latest scoop on how to approach this every increasing problem.
Something that makes sense to me as well.
And yes I did go to fitday and started the diary, but I have yet to figure how it works. Right now all I have is the food recorded and don't find any other info forth coming.
There is also another site that helps with this and it is called Weight Commander. {free download at first}

Since I'm new at this computer thing, I find talking to a UK citizen facinating.