View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 21:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Allison,

Go to your gym at school and just look at the weight machines. The ones at the gym I go to all have self explanatory Pictures right on them. They tell you how to do them correctly and also have drawings of the front and back of a body with the muscles that are targeted shown in color.

People at gyms are usually very friendly and if you have questions about the machines, you can ask someone who is working out nearby. They are usually more than willing to help you. You can also make new friends this way. I find that when I am riding the recumbant bike there is often someone on the one beside me and if I strike up a conversation, they will chat for as long as we are both there. It makes the time really speed by, and it also can keep you moving at a nice pace.

Just start the weights at the lowest weight and do 2-3 sets of 10 reps. You will know if it is enough. If you use the same weight for several times and feel comfortable with it, then just add more weight. Remember that it may not hurt while you are doing it, but it could make you sore the next day. Just take it easy at first so that you don't get discouraged and quit.

Good luck and have fun.

Carol