View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-22-05, 09:29

Plan: LCHF/Keto
Stats: 162/116.6/117 Female 61 inches
BF:30.6%/22.0%/22.1%
Progress: 101%

I have the same problem. I've been grabbing a handful of peanuts or almonds afterwards. That seems to help. I'm not sure that's a good way to nix the craving or not. I do know that I have to get away from the artificial sweeteners, though. Doctor's orders - - he says the "taste" of sweet causes a release of insulin and then I end up getting low blood sugar since there's no "blood sugar" to begin with. He was very firm in this.

This may not work for me (as I am no success story yet) but I think I'm going to try eating a small amount of berries, melon or other fruit to see if that helps. I'll have to be more firm with my carbs the rest of the day to do this, and I'll have to stop with just a *little bit* of the fruit, but I have this urge to eat more *real* foods, rather than the frankenfoods, to curb my cravings and therefore the Splenda HAS to go. I do know that in the past when I've cut-out sugar (and didn't use artificial stuff), I eventually got over the cravings, so this is my hope now!

Good thread, here!