View Single Post
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 07:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Smile protein and squats....

Good morning . First off let me say....you were sure right about my protein being too low. I don't know what I was thinking....but I was reading up on it and apparently I should be getting in the 200 gram area-- wowza, I thought I was suppose to be getting 73 grams a day. I will have to cut back on the fat in order to get the protein in and not have 3,000 calories. I hope today is very enlightening in figuring this out. Right now I'm trying to get down my first 4 cups of water. Anyway, I have my morning cut out for me just trying to figure this out . About your squats. Have you tried the bar? Since you've lifted before, and you've been doing bodyweight for a while now, you might could do the bar easy enough. You might only get 5-6 reps. I think you should be able to squat 20 lbs. now. I'd advise the broom for a person just starting out-- but you aren't new to this. You've got balance and movement down pat. And your legs should certainly be strong enough to squat 20 lbs. But if you think you are not ready for that, then go with some lighter dumbbells. The broom is really nothing more than getting use to the movement with something on your back, and you're way past that. IMO. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing-- just understand your strengths and limitations, but don't cheat yourself, or hurt yourself.