Old Thu, May-24-01, 07:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile

hey Wendy,

Congrats on the 5 lbs down! And I bet you ARE losing inches, just not where you think. I know we want to lose the excess weight from the mid-section, belly hips whatever ... but our body has other plans, and the inches come off the arms, legs and face first instead! I notice too that even though the scales say down a lb. the waistband of my pants feels snug .. but it's due to bloat/fluid retention ... or my irritable bowel acting up .. .. then I notice the same pants are really baggy in the legs, which they weren't before.

I confess for me too, that eating first thing in the morning is a chore ... I have to take thyroid medication one hour before food ... so, I take it with a huge glass of water first thing (much to the annoyance of my cats, who believe it is my duty to cause food to appear in their bowls the minute I become vertical) ... and it's way too easy to just nurse a coffee or two while I get busy for the morning .. and realize when it's almost noon that hey, I guess I should eat something.

I am noticing more success when I consistently eat at least a small protein-containing breakfast, even just a boiled egg or a rolled up slice of meat with some mayo or dijon.

Hope you have a great day too ..

Doreen