View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 15:23

Plan: General
Stats: 272/265/240 Female 5'4"
BF:alot of it!
Progress: 22%
Default man o man

Everyone is so down on Depo. Well, here's my story (and now, you will know one person).

I have been on depo for like 4 or 5 years. I am the same weight now as I was when I started getting that. My cholestrol has been about the same (give or take a point or two either way) during that entire time. I have always taken calcium supplements so I guess I am not as concerned about the bone density thing. My libido has been down since I had my first kid 13 years ago, so that isn't a byproduct of depo. My blood tests have always come back within normal ranges (which killed my former preacher doc). no chronic headaches, no depression, no hair loss......at least, nothing beyond normal life living.

I'm sure that this depends on the woman. Everyone's body is different in how it reacts to what goes in the body. My best friend has had bad side effects from EVERY type of birth control. She has 5 kids to prove it. She even had her tubes tied and that was screwed up and she had a tubal pregnancy that obviously miscarried.

Anyway, like I said, everyone's chemistry is different. I have had no side effects on depo. So now you know someone. I think most chemical/hormonal birth control methods have weight gain as a side effect anyway.