View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 04:34

Plan: CALP to goal/now my plan
Stats: 188/160/155 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 85%

Melinda--Just wondering if you've thought about making your own? It's really easy, doesn't take very long, and sure would save you some $$$$... You can make enough pie filling for a full sized pie with about 4-5 apples, and the only other ingredients are water, and Splenda (if you even need it--the apples are sweet enough for me). Just peel and cube the apples, add enough water to barely cover--and cook away until they are soft. Toward the end, you can add your cinnamon/nutmeg, or whatever you like to season. I made some last night using some apple juice that I made mixed with a little water to thin it, for the liquid (we have a vegetable juicer), and used a bit more of the juice to cook some cranberries in another pot. The cranberries are so low in carbs, but they are sour and need to have a bit of Splenda. When everything was done, I added the drained cranberries to the applesauce, and voila!--cran/apple sauce. The cranberries take a much shorter cooking time, so that's why i cooked separately. Adding the cooked cranberries to the apples increases the volume, while lowering the overall carb count. Anyway--all this long post to say--It's easy, only takes a few minutes, and you KNOW exactly what's in the "soup".. Hope that you will try it--I know that you'll be pleased.