View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-16-05, 10:55

Plan: My Own
Stats: 191/166/155 Female 5'4"
BF:32%/25%/25%
Progress: 69%

I find if I plan meals and prepare when convenient I can eliminate the early morning and last minute and everyone eats at a different time problems.

Make up salad veggies and put in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Buy full fat dressing but check the label for carbs--some also have sugar. Instant salad. This can be inhanced with sliced deli meats, cheese, hard boiled eggs.

Hard boil a bunch of eggs. These are good as snacks, great on salad, and you can make an egg salad in a few minutes. I add mayo, mustard, and a bit of garlic salt and pepper. YUMMY.

Make up egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, ham salad, shrimp salad, crab salad and put in refrigerator. With some green salad or a veggie, really quick lunch or dinner.

Make a quiche without a crust. Look in the recipe forum as there are great recipes for lunch and dinner quiche as well as breakfast ones. Cut a slice and nuke for a minute. Fast breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Make a LC cheesecake. This is induction level food if you make it without a crust and it doesn't need a crust. This makes a great quick breakfast, dessert, or snack.

Have cheese, cream cheese and celery ready. Cream cheese on celery is a great snack or addition to any meal.

I make chile without beans. Just heat in microwave.

I make a cabbage roll soup. Brown ground beef, add onions, cook until onions are tender, add a package of cole slaw mix from the produce section, add tomato juice and seasonings to taste, I use salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook until cabbage is tender. This reheats well.

Precook some chicken breasts and hamburgers. These can be reheated in microwave quickly. Add cheese and/or salsa.

Put any meat with or without veggies and seasonings in a crock pot.

Make Spongebob's flax bread (or as muffins). This makes a great breakfast with cheese or cream cheese. Your husband could do his own breakfast with the bread, cream cheese, and some deli meat at least some days.

It will get easier after induction.

Don't be angry with your husband. You are doing a very good thing helping him with this food plan but he is ultimately responsible for what he eats. My DH LCs with me but can eat a lot more than I can without gaining and without craving. I let him eat what he wants (which is usually not often and not too bad) until he gets too HC, then I talk to him and suggest he watch it.