Old Wed, Feb-27-02, 02:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/318/180
BF:
Progress: 14%
Unhappy Here we go!

Greetings fellow dieters!

This is my story thus far, sorry if it's a little long, guess I have a lot on my mind!

My name is Brianna and I'm here for support, to give support, to have a place where I can be encouraged by other people's success and get through this day by day.

I've been on this diet for a little over a month now, I've only lost about 10-15 pounds (don't like weighing myself). It was embarrasing, I went to the doctor's office after I'd been on the diet for a week and of course they wanted to weigh me. I was so frustrated with that because I had just started, I didn't know how much I weighed and I didn't really want to know. So I closed my eyes and stepped on the scale. I came in 2 weeks later and said "ok same deal but this time you told me how much weight I've lost, just don't tell me HOW much I weigh" 8 pounds in 2 weeks! Yay.. well that was encouraging!

I don't know HOW much I weigh but I do know that I have over 100 pounds to go. I'm tall (5'11") and big boned, so I'm not sure what my target weight should be.. but right now I'm just getting through it day by day. My mom is on the diet with me, and my stepdad WAS going to be on it too but he decided that candy and bread and stuff was more interesting that losing weight. I'm in this for the long run, I'm tired of being fat. I'm tired of having my thighs rub together when I walk, I'm tired of having rolls of extra flesh (sorry if this sounds gross), I'm tired of being worried if I can fit into a chair or not, or break it or not, I'm tired of feeling weighed down and suffering from low self-esteem. Enough is enough. I'm going to do this and that's that.

There is a low carb store up the street only a few minutes away! (bless the lord) This is a god send, really! My mom and I head up there when we feel like something sweet, they have low carb ice cream 1 carb per ounce, all kinds of sweets, just a ton of stuff for us to eat. We even treated ourselves to a low carb cheesecake and boy that was yummy!

Its hard in these early days to look ahead, I just wish I could wave a wand and magically lose weight, but I know it's going to take a lot of hard work to get where I want to, and NEED to be.

There are some things I've noticed since I've started the diet these are the *Sunshine Moments* that that one post was talking about. I haven't had that many because I've only been on this a little over a month but these are the one's I've had

- my second chin is a lot smaller now
- the pants that I could barely squeeze into now, I can wear comfortably
- my mom noticing that I've lost weight
- finding this forum!!

Well that's it so far.. but I'll get there. This seems like a great place to get support and give support, share ideas, etc. Yay!

Whew, enough of my blabbering!

I CAN DO IT!!! I CAN DO IT!!!

Thoughts/comments/suggestions/etc ???

Thanks!

Brianna
Sponsored Links