View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 17:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/150/115
BF:
Progress: 57%

I think walking is a great begining. If you can stick out doing any kind of exercise for at least 3 weeks then you will probably still be exercising in a year. Just remember not to over do it. I have found that I am a lot more likely to drop out of any kind of exercise program if I hurt myself or get too sore.

I just started up my exercise program this last month. I would have prefered to walk but I hate the cold so I bought the power 90 program. They try to sell you the supplements and all that but since I have lost 50 pounds with Atkins I wanted to stick with what was working so I am only doing the exercises.

I was so out of shape that I had to start out at only 4 reps or less of each set. I tried to do more and wound up hurt and having to wait another week to get started again. If it hadn't been for my daughter goading me on I don't think I would have restarted it.

What I like about it is that I alternate weights and cardio workout so that my muscles get a chance to rest. And since I also don't know how to use weights or machines its a great alternative for me. I am also more likely to do my workout if I don't have to go out anywhere special to do it. I had tried a gym several times and never went more than three times each try. It was just too much trouble, too time consuming and I hate seeing all those fit people when I am still so flabby and out of shape and lumpy.

Take care,