View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 08:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/213/200
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi All,

I'm also from Montgomery Co.... Started Atkins last June at 244 and today am at 213.... It is the easiest diet to follow.... Just learn the rules and you can play the game..... [My first girl friend taught me that].....

I read the first Atkins when it came out but didn't think I needed to change myway of living.... Over these years I've taken notice of all that has been written about the program and have had many many overweight friends who have tried all sorts of diets and programs..... After I learned that the fat we eat is not hte fat we wear the Atkins diet became the most sensible.... Then this past June I wound up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers and they weighed me at 244 pounds..... That was the highest ever for me.... I've been on Atkins since....

Once I had been off of sugar for a week---- and I mean totally off sugar---- my appetite had dropped considerably so I'm not eating nearly the quantity of food as previously..... I'm a technical person... so sugar can be simply defined and I can find it where ever it exists.... in Cokes, in catsup, in breads, in prepared foods, etc. etc. My success I'm believing is being able to avoid sugars and enjoying salads, vegetables, cheese and eggs.

ken