View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 19:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/108/110 Female 64 inches
BF:33%/25%/22%
Progress: 104%

I called the 1-800 number on the back of the box to ask some Qs

(1) If there are only 5 digestible carbs (and 37 indigestible/unavailable carbs) per 3/4 cup serving, does that mean that there are also fewer calories per serving? Answer: yes, there are also fewer calories per serving. I worked it out--something like 55 cals/serving!

(2) Is the carb-availability (the fiber matrix) affected by overcooking (I like my pasta soft) or reheating? Answer: No. You can treat it like any other pasta without affecting the fiber matrix.

(3) Are you going to stop making this if the "LC craze" wanes? Answer: No. Actually, this product was formulated for diabetics...so even if the "LC craze" wanes, we will still have a large market for it.

Good answers!

Since I asked those Qs I have made and eaten the penne and the elbows about a dozen times...each time yummy, no bloating or anything, and never gained weight from it. Fed it to my skinny non-LC boyfriend and he said he wouldn't have known it was any different than regular pasta.

So I say try it, you'll like it! Hope they come out with lasagne noodles, and ditto on the bread/rice products--don't know if they're in the works but this stuff rocks.

Lucy