View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jan-11-05, 14:21

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I was never saying she should have aimed all her recipes at Induction (or the first phase of any low carb diet), I just meant that items like white flour, honey, and pasta should not have been used. Okay, I'll give her the one show w/ the pasta, because she flat out said "lower" carb - okay Rachael, you win that one. But I do hold her accountable for the other ones because low carbers flipping stations may come across these shows (or find them in TiVo) and be misinformed.

I also agree 100% that it is OUR responsibility to know these aren't the foods we should be eating, etc. But I also realize that there are many, many people out there that don't read the books, etc. and try low carb, and they are the ones that will be misinformed and have this diet fail them. I know it's their own fault, that they should research, but it's not always going to happen.

Basically, I just don't like that she's spreading misinformation around just to jump on the low carb bandwagon. I'm fine with her making a few low carb shows, but a) I wish she'd get her facts right, and b) I wish she wouldn't say "I could never do low carb... I love my bread, pasta and rice" over and over again - it's just annoying.

Don't get me wrong, I love Rachael Ray (in an annoying sister-in-law type of way), I just needed to vent about all the stuff saw on her show, but frankly... I still have a TiVo Season Pass to her show and probably always will.

On the lighter side: Did you hear her when she tried to claim she came up with smashed cauliflower!?!?!?! I nearly peed my pants! She thought she had this great, new idea! HA!