Thread: 190's Club
View Single Post
  #190   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-02, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

It's amazing how much medications can effect the body. I'm up three pounds...and it's a combination of having 2 - 4oz glasses of dry white wine on Monday (which really didn't work for me...it made me very hungry), my TOM is ending today and taking the medication that caused a lot of this weight gain twice last week. I used to weight everyday so I knew exactly how everything was effecting me, but, now I've just been weighting once a week...so, I have to guess... which leads me to believe that I should go back to weighing everyday. It seems obsessive but I really need to know what causes these reactions.

Gilta... sorry to hear about your frustrations with the infertility treatments - I also have a friend who spent over 25,000 on infertility treatments with no success. I don't have any biological children (I have a stepson) and really want them too...so, I understand what you're going through. I was wondering what type of exercise you're doing...are you doing weight training or any type of exercise that could be causing you to build muscle? I know it's frustrating to hear, but, muscle weights more than fat, so, you could be gaining muscle (which is excellent), losing inches and the scale hasn't caught up yet. So, my next question's are... have you taken your measurement? How are your clothes fitting? Also, have you checked the ketosticks and are you still in Ketosis? It sounds like you're drinking the water and following the plan. Oh, yes, one other question... Do you use a lot of low carb products like the LC meal replacement bars, endulge chocolate bars, blueberry muffin mix?
My reason for asking is that there are hidden carbs in a lot of those products and they can cause huge stalls for a lot of people. Just wondering if you were including them in this WOE?

USED2B140... Splenda or Stevia are the preferred choices...equal is not. Ham and cheese omelettes are fine for Breakfast, lunch or dinner as long as you don't have candida (yeast in the body...if you have candida, cheese will make it difficult to lose weight). With the Ketosticks you can get false negatives (if they are expired or old) but, never false positives. So, if you're registering a lite purple you're back in Ketosis. By the way, you can go in and out of ketosis through out the day....so, you should try to check once a day and at the same time of day (Atkins mentions evening being the better time...but, once in a while people do better in the morning). About the sample menu, have you looked at any of the Atkins sample menus from his book? He has some great selections. Congratulations on your new baby - how wonderful

Hi Sunshine...hope everything is going well...are you out of town?